Sunday, July 30, 2006

Okay, I think I have this figured out...

I measured and added up the number of inches I need of each type of trim. I ended up over 2 yards short of what I needed for the black 1/2" trim. Rather than gamble that Walmart would get their order of this trim this week, I decided to revise my plans.

I found a 1/4" black trim that is exactly the same as the 1/2". This will go around the tab edges, and around the collar base. I may also have it run down the center front, at the buttonloop edge.

I will still use the other 1/4" black trim around the waist, and have the new scroll trim next to that on the tabs. This scrollwork will also be next to whatever trim is used down the center front, and around the shoulder tabs. I am just going to loosely baste it in place, to see how it looks. This should tie everything together, and make it all look unified. It seems like a lot of trim, until you remember that it is all black, on a black background. It really looks great, and is looking more like an extent garment that a costume piece. I will put up pictures later, but for right now, I want to get my button guide done, so I can add the buttons and button loops.

Another nastily hot day today, with another due tomorrow... Best to stay indoors and sew!

No comments: