Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ask me how many of my errands I got done this morning, just ask...

I went to Hy-Vee and bought a flowering plant for my sister and her boyfriend, as a thank you for delivering my "new" table, and carrying chairs, the table top, and base up a long flight of stairs on one of the hottest days of the year.

We went to my sister Kim's house to deliver the flowers, and talk for a bit. Kim gave me some Amish Cinnamon Bread starter, and a sheet of instructions. We've decided we're going to pass it back and forth to each other and our friends, so we can always have the bread. There are enough of us girls in the family to do keep this going for a really long time, and still give out plenty to friends.

Then we went home and had lunch, and I am not moving from this house again today. Too hot. Too humid. And it's not that it's hot and humid out, it's the added insanity of the air-conditioner fan in my car not working. Not enough air flow, even with the windows open. And to top it off, the switch on my driver's side power window broke, so it's even hotter in the car. We bake when we have to stop at a stop light. It's not good.

So, the rest of the afternoon is going to be nice and cool, and after dark, I'll go get the groceries. I'm going to pop in a movie and take a nap now. I am still exhausted from the garage sale...

No comments: