Thursday, July 27, 2006

Inspiration Strikes at the Worst Possible Time

I know that I have to finish the doublet before I can work on anything else, and I am devoting nearly the entire weekend towards that end, but sometimes you see something that takes your breath away, and you are left with only one thought: "I must have that dress."

Click the link, because I do not want to post the image here, as someone else took this picture. This is an actual gown that has survived the centuries, and if I read the email correctly that pointed to it, it was worn by Eleanora of Toledo. I may be wrong about that, but it dates from around that time (1500s). I don't know if there are any paintings of this gown that have survived. I will wait to research this, unless I come across the information accidentally.

So now I have two gowns I want to make! And I haven't even had time to look through my new patterns properly. sigh It's a good thing I'm having fun with the doublet now. And what I learn with it, I can apply elsewhere! :)

No comments: