Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Small Things

I made dinner tonight, cleaned up afterwards, straightened up my sewing table and surrounding area so I can start a major project. I am trying to figure out how to do part of the project, and I think I am just going to have to get out my scraps and see if I can make it work.

The strange part about my methods of working is that I work better when I have more things to do, and a limited amount of time. For the next week or so, I will work several hours a night on this project, and still somehow manage to put dinner on the table, wash up afterwards, and keep the house moderately neat. I say, "moderately" because I am also trying to get ready for a garage sale, and have a pile of boxes near the front door that are bugging me beyond all belief. In the midst of all of this is the neverending pile of laundry that somehow manages to spawn when my back is turned. Honest, every last piece of clothing was washed before camp, but I am still trying to catch up from camp, and regular life. I did nothing that could be considered work yesterday. Cooking = fun, so that doesn't really count, since it is nearly almost always for my son and I.

Well, my timer went off. I was writing this on the tail end of the 15 minute cleaning session (done a bit early). I am now going to sit and play Mario and Luigi Partners in Time for another 15 minutes, as I have been on my feet for a solid hour with dinner and clean up.

Then I get to work on the doublet that I am making!!!

No comments: