Thursday, July 27, 2006

Taking a break...

My hands hurt a bit, but I have made pretty good progress tonight on the black doublet. I have a good chunk of one direction of quilting, and should finish it tonight. It looks pretty good so far. If I use this technique again, I think a layer of muslin between the lining and shell would be enough to give a bit more texture to the quilting, but maybe when I get the other diagonal lines quilted, it will have more depth. I still think it looks pretty good, and can't wait to get the rest of it done so I can see the finished piece. :)

In other news, I picked up my son at my sister's house today!!!! I was so happy to see him, and my mother told me that my son missed me quite a bit. I reminded my son that he was the one who wanted to go visit, and he said he didn't think he'd miss me as much as he did, and that he was really glad to be home. We ran a couple of errands, and I let myself be talked into going to Culver's for dinner, as long as he went to JoAnn Fabrics with me and didn't complain. We also went to the library and got a few movies and books. We watched Corpse Bride when we got home, while I worked on the doublet.

Saturday, my sister and I are going swimming with the kids in our pool. It should be pretty fun, as my nephew loves to swim, and would be under water all of the time if his mother would let him, regardless of the fact that he can't breathe it, LOL!

Well, time to get back to work. I think I can get another couple of hours of sewing in before bed. Which movie to watch... hmmm....

No comments: