Thursday, July 20, 2006

Once again realizing that there is too much to do...

So much to do, so little time...

I am trying to get some laundry done, since my son is spending next week at my parents' house. Yes, my mom has a washing machine, but I hate to impose upon her.

My son has been talking about this all week. He actually asked my mom last Saturday if he could go home with her. On his own. His idea completely. I was unprepared, so we decided on this weekend, since I have a wedding shower to go to on Saturday, along with getting the car fixed so that cold air actually blows out of the air conditioner, rather than hovering a couple of inches in front of it.

So you see, Saturday is busy, and I am going to try to get back to town on Saturday sometime, rather than staying over.

The whole week stretches forth with possibility... I can stay out as late as I want, go wherever I want, do whatever I want.

Translation: Will be home by 9 every night, will eat toast or salad for dinner, will fall asleep on the couch watching South Park, while eating ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough). This will probably be done by myself, and I will be totally and completely bored by about Monday night, with the exception of costume work that should keep me busy.

So, since I am busy tomorrow night, I am getting ready for the weekend tonight. I will pack my son's bag with fresh clothes, and send him off to spend time with grandparents, where my dad will probably show him yet another way to keep the rabbits out of the garden... I am glad he actually likes to go there. Of course, grandpa has fun toys, like remote control cars, power tools, and fishing stuff. I can bet that I will have yet another something unidentifiable made out of nailed together scraps of wood by the end of the week. Maybe he'll even catch a couple of fish if they go fishing (like the 72 bluegills he caught in less than two hours a few years ago).

All I know is that they will have fun. My parents will have fun spoiling him, and he'll have fun being spoiled (although, he really can't be spoiled at this age...).

I'll have fun sewing and cleaning house...

I keep telling myself that.

No comments: