Saturday, July 15, 2006

Garage Sale = O=Ver!!!!!

Time the first customers arrived = 6:45 am, as my brother-in-law opened the garage door to leave for work, people were standing there.

I sold tons of stuff, made a nice little bit of money, half of which went to my mom as a payment on the new table and chairs I bought from here. Part of it went for dinner at Hickory Park, which was PACKED with people, since the Iowa Games are in progress. Yummy food! The rest is going towards a backpacker tent that I want to buy.

Everything that didn't sell went to Goodwill, and I was never so happy as when I walked into my door at home, and did not have to see boxes, and was able to throw out my old table and chairs (rickety, K-Mart special, that just didn't hold up to heavy use.).

The new table is in place, but I have to reattach the table top to the base. Dad carefully numbered the screw holes, and the baggies with screws so I would know exactly how to reassemble it. KJ's boyfriend, Dave, used his truck to haul it here, and helped us carry everything in. If my tool box hadn't been buried in the closet, he'd have assembled it, too, if I had let him. And if I hadn't been half asleep this entire afternoon, I would have remembered to buy him a thank you token, but I think I can take care of that tomorrow before I go over to Kim's house. I forgot to ask Kelly what kind of wine he likes.

Anyway, I've had a really, really long day. I doubt we'll do much of anything other than veg in the air conditioner tomorrow, do laundry, and sew. Dangerous heat indexes tomorrow, and the dumb fan on the car is broken, so the cold air just lingers in front of the vents rather than cooling the car. But that's a job for next weekend...

No comments: