Sunday, July 23, 2006

One, two...

Things accomplished this afternoon:

1. Went to Goodwill in search of interesting jewelry - didn't find anything.
2. Went to JoAnn Fabrics in search of a particular shade of blue satin or silk that I want for a new Elizabethan noble's gown. No luck. I couldn't even find the weight of satin that I wanted, and all of the colors are either too bright or too dull. Bummer. I did buy some black quilting thread, to use on the black doublet.
3. Went to Wal-mart in search of a cheaper diamond quilter's rule, so help cut out the shapes I want to use on the sleeves for the new Elizabethan noble gown. They didn't have any at all, so I guess I'll pay the $5.99 at JoAnn's. Bought more silver ribbon and narrow black braid that may be used on the doublet. Oh, and some Life cereal, a black leather belt that would work great for my pirate garb, and some one gallon ziplock bags for my Margo pattern pieces, once I get them cut and separated.
4. Read comments on my blog, attempted to post a comment and it wasn't working for some reason.
5. Remembered that I had bought Drumsticks this morning, so had to have one.
6. Sewed half of the tabs for the doublet, then got distracted by The Sixth Sense on television. I'll finish them after dinner.
7. Decided to make dinner, even though I am not hungry, and haven't been hungry all day. I am making cheesey potatos, and I have a steak to grill, but I might just forget the steak and just eat the potatos. I also have sweet corn from my granny's garden. But I'd have to clean it, and I am just not that ambitious about food tonight.
8. Oh, and I watched most of Soylent Green earlier... spoiler alert:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
"Solyent Green is PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: