Friday, August 11, 2006

Corsetted

Okay. My corset doesn't fit. We've established that. Or rather, it does fit, but is too long to be comfortable..

When I went to fit the bodice, I discovered that when tried on over corset, farthingale, bumroll, underskirt and forepart, the top will close, but the waist will not. So, I am a 12 up top, and a 16 at the waist, which is depressing. All of the undergarments added a full inch to my waistline.

I may do one of two things:

1. Make a new corset, using an old bodice that fits well as a guide. Just make it a bit smaller, with thinner straps. I really don't have time for that.

or

2. Take a gamble and put the boning directly into the lining of the bodice. This would suck if it didn't fit. It's too risky.

I guess what I will do is just shorten the other corset around the hips, which means putting it back on, and marking the lines where I want the hips to end. It will take less time, certainly...

No comments: