Friday, August 18, 2006

Cutting it close...

As I was cutting strips for the looped tabs for my bodice, I started to get worried that I wouldn't have enough left to make enough tabs for the waist (the shoulder ones are done). It was a matter of length, as while the shoulder ones were several different sizes (and turned out gorgeous!), the waist tabs are all the same length.

Then, I screwed one up by cutting it an inch too short.

Then I reached the end of my longer pieces, and discovered that I was ONE STRIP SHORT!

So, I recounted.

And I actually had the correct number of loops, one had just stuck to another.

It's a good thing, too, because I don't have any pieces wide enough to cut out another loop. And the skirt will take every bit of what I have left.

Now I have to cut out the lining for the tabs (I have plenty of that fabric left, although now I am short my pirate skirt - I couldn't find the same shade of red, and the skirt was way too narrow anyway).

No comments: