Sunday, August 20, 2006

Skirt Update

Yes, I know that no one cares about this, but I am posting my progress just to remind myself of how much I am actually getting done on this gown.

The skirt is fully cartridge pleated and sewn to the waistband. This is what I have left to do to finish the skirt:

1. Slipstitch facing to skirt.
2. Add hooks and eyes.
3. Hem
4. Add the rest of the trim.

If I had someone here to help, I could start hemming tonight. I may have to make a guide, and teach my son how to pin up the skirt so that it is off of the ground the correct length.

Bodice progess:

1. Still need to add hooks and eyes (am short 6 sets, as I used a bunch on my corset).
2. Sew shoulder straps to the bodice (can't do this until the hooks and eyes are on, so I can fit it better).
3. Finish slip-stitching the back neckline.
4. Add trim to front of bodice.
5. Add pearls to tabs.

Sleeves:

1. Attach points.
2. Sew pearls to joins.

Time to get back to work...

No comments: