Monday, August 07, 2006

Update on progress - My Gown

Here are a couple of pictures of the sleeves in progress:

Three panels make a sleeve...

A view of the beading that is sewn to the edge of each panel (rather, WILL BE sewn to the edge of each panel.

Detail of the pearls around the edge of the sleeve panel

It is taking about an hour per panel, which is more than I want to spend, but well worth the effort for the amount of richness it lends). BTW, I made the sleeves out of the leftover brocade from the forepart. The brocade was 54" wide (I'll double-check that later), and I bought 2.5 yards of it. 1.5 yards was for the forepart, and 1 for the sleeves. The fabric was wide enough that I cut all of the sleeve panels out of the remainder of the forepart area, all in the same direction. Money saving tip there, because now I have a yard of brocade left over... I am going to make a bag out of it, for sure, but I have no idea what to do with the rest - maybe new pillows...

Anyway, time to work on the Sheriff's doublet. Maybe I'll watch Spaceballs...

No comments: