Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yippee!!!

I am now in the process of basting the lining and the bodice fabric together!!!! I should be able to start adding the trim tonight, and maybe cut out the looped tabs (which also need lining cut out, and to be sewn together, then sewn to the bottom of the bodice. I think I will wait to sew the pearl trim to the loops until they are attached to the bodice.

I know, these posts have been boring lately, but seriously folks - all I have been doing, besides going to work - is sewing for the Renaissance Faire. Believe me, I would love to be able to get out of the house and go do something completely unrelated, but with just a couple of weeks left, that is not possible. I am yearning for company, for having fun (not that this whole thing isn't fun), for someone to work with on these projects. I don't have any friends in town who can sew like this to help me out.

Damn. I am overly tired and emotional tonight, and I hate that, because I have too much work to do. Maybe things will be better after I get at least this piece and the sleeves completely finished. The skirts, while time consuming with the cartridge pleating, are fairly easy, so I can relax. The hat materials are purchased, and I just need to find six black ostrich plumes (for my fan - Hobby Lobby is out of them.) After the gown, I have to make my partlet, stablize the shoulders and neckline of my two chemises (no time to make a square-necked shift, and not enough white cotton to make more anyway), and add an adjustment band to my farthingale. Even one person helping with my son's tabard would be tremendous help, but the pattern I have used in the past, I have altered so much that the instructions are useless.

Well, back to work. Maybe a glass of ice cold diet pepsi will help... I am saving my last two Rolling Rock bottles, as they will be collector's items someday (I'll explain later, unless you are also a fan of the Pale Ale, and know that it is no longer being bottled in Latrobe).

No comments: