Tuesday, August 22, 2006

If you know me, you know there is no way in the world that I actually woke up early this morning.

Actually, I have woken up at 5:30 in the morning for the last two mornings, but went back to sleep. Because, let's face it, that's INSANELY EARLY.

I am trying to get better at waking up early. I set my alarm for 6 this morning, thinking I would sew for half an hour before getting ready for work. I should have remembered that my eyes do not work that early in the morning, except on a campout. I reset the alarm, and work up quite refreshed. I actually had more sleep last night than I have in several weeks.

Tonight the plan is to work until midnight, get up at 6:30, slam down a bunch of caffeine, and go to work. Tomorrow is another long day. We had rehearsal in Des Moines tonight, and met more of the court.

The site is really looking great! They were grading the roads today, in prep for the gravel. There were a bunch of people in garb for a photoshoot for a local magazine, and lots of people out working on their buildings. The entrance gate is going to be amazing.

Yes, I got up close and personal with the entrance gate. The gate has three towers, and a walkway between them. There will be stairs on each of the two side towers, but for tonight there was only a ladder. Now, during opening gate, I accompany the Queen, hopefully in a carriage, maybe on foot, but either way, I am ON THE GROUND, not on the gate.

Except tonight I was filling in for two ladies who were not at rehearsal, and who will be on the gate. So, I got to climb the ladder in a skirt.

I hate ladders. But I did it, mainly because I wanted to see the upper part of the gate better. Climbing up wasn't the real problem. Climbing down... the flip-flops went into the purse, and I very carefully made my way down without being too chicken-y. But it wasn't fun. I can't wait until they have the stairs in place. Ladder = too scary.

Okay, time to get back to work. I've promised myself that if I got the hooks and eyes on the bodice tonight, I can start putting pearls on the tabs! Pearls!!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!!

No comments: