Sunday, August 13, 2006

List

I need to stay on task today. I have a million things to do, and my son is having a friend over this afternoon, after he returns from his camping trip. Somehow, despite my best efforts, there is thread all over the house from the excessive sewing I have bee doing. I am going to go back over the worst spots with a lint roller, then vacuum, so that I don't kill my vacuum.

I have several sewing projects today, most of which need to be completed in a certain order. I converted my corset from back lacing to front opening. I will sew hooks and eyes to the front, and keep the back lacing. This will make it much easier to get in and out of for the faire, in that I can have the back laced, hook the front, and then adjust the back slightly as needed. Much better than trying to deal with a tangle of lacing cord.

I have the binding done on one sleeve, and will work on the second shortly. After that one is finished, I will close up the sleeve panels, and add the points (the cords with silver tips that are sewn to the sleeve, and used to lace the sleeves to the bodice). The points turned out very pretty, as I found some bolo tips at Hobby Lobby (half off, regular price was 2 for $1, so I got each set for $.25 - I bought 10 sets, and spent $2.50. I used eight sets for the sleeve points).

After the sleeves are mostly finished (except for the pearls where the panels join), I will start to work on the hooks and eyes to the bodice. Then I can try on all of my stuff again to see how tight I lace today without passing out of becoming breathless, and measure again. I will alter the pattern once again, make another mock up, then get back into the gear and fit it again. Now you can see another reason for wanting a front-hooking corset...

If the mock-up fits, I will cut out the bodice, and overskirt. I will finalize the trims that will go on each, and begin sewing both. Yay!!!

Yes, this is an ambitious schedule, but necessary. The Govenor's Reception is in two weeks, and the faire opens in three.

Back to work!!!!

No comments: