Sunday, August 06, 2006

Oh well...

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep last night. I stopped working on my costume at around 10, and curled up on the couch to watch TV for awhile. I went to bed at 11:30, and slept like a rock until 3:45, when it started storming.

And I couldn't really get back to that lovely deep sleep.

I need to go get groceries, do more laundry, and sew like crazy.

I have the sleeves and forepart cut out, ready to assemble. I am working at this a little backwards, where I am trying to do things that won't take very long, and don't require a lot of fitting, so I can just mark them off of the list. Then, I can focus on the hard part, which will be the bodice.

The problem with fitting a bodice is weight fluctuation. This time of year it is the norm for me to suddenly lose about five-ten pounds, due to the sheer amount of physical activity required by my job, along with the anxiety caused by the start of the school year, hiring and training new lab monitors, and meeting new faculty. Throw in the renaissance faire, and we've created a really good situation from a diet standpoint, but awful from a costuming standpoint.

So, bodice fitting is difficult, but skirt fitting will be okay, as I can always adjust the waistband. I also want to adjust the waist of my corset, as it is digging into my hips (too long). There is room to lace tighter if necessary later, which is much better than having it be too big. I wish I had made the tabbed version. I guess if I have time (*snork*), I can make a new one...

Anyway, time to stop goofing off! I am off to get some breakfast, and do the grocery shopping!

No comments: