Monday, August 21, 2006

Not a good idea

Having my twelve-year-old try to pin up a hem to an overskirt. He couldn't quite get what needed to be done, and kept having it on the floor by about two inches so he could pin it more easily. I carefully showed him how to pin it up, so that the edge of the hem was two inches off of the ground, using a handy cereal box with a line drawn on it.

He did try, however. I have to give him credit for that. I have one edge that is right at the front, and I have to somehow calculate how much longer it needs to be in the back to compensate for the bumroll. I think I may be stacking things to get the farthingale and bumroll off of the ground, and then just make the overskirt an inch longer.

I knew I should have bought that dressform when I had the chance...

No comments: