Sunday, August 27, 2006

Photos from last night

I have links to pictures from last night's ribbon cutting ceremony at Festival Park in Des Moines. I can't embed the images here, for copyright reasons. This is the dress I have been working on for the last three weeks solid. The hat was finished yesterday afternoon (still needs lining and more decoration, but it was wearable, got lots of complements)

From the back

Here is a better photo. I did not get the skirt facing slip-stitched, so I pinned every broach I had to the front. I got lots of complements on the broaches (and the dress!).

A far-away pic of the Sheriff in the Black Doublet from Hell. I'll have to get a closer one - it turned out very well! No, Robin, you cannot nick off those beads with your sword. Unless you sew them back on.

Lots of pics on the site from the banquet. The town is on track to be about 99% done by opening morning, weather cooperating (or even if it doesn't). I am hoping for clear skies at least on weekends until the end of the run - no back-up dress yet! Making a back-up dress is the goal for next week...

No comments: