Thursday, August 10, 2006

Long Day

I have one more sleeve panel to add pearls to, and then I can assemble the paned sleeves to my gown. Each sleeve has about 4.5 yards of the tiny string of pearls sewn to the edges of the panels. They look very nice, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

I am going to assemble the bodice mockup tonight. Then I get to try it on over my corset, bumroll and farthingale. Ought to be fun trying to fit it correctly.

Hopefully it will just fit.

Right.

In other news, I found a cotton velvet remnant at JoAnn's - just about a full yard for $5 (half price!)! I'd like to use it for my hat, but I am not sure yet... I have some black satin to use for the hat lining (90% remnant at JoAnns!).

So far, I've gotten nearly everything I have needed on sale. The only exception to that would be the trims, and some of the pearls. The fabrics were all on sale - 33% off for the brocade, and about the same for the corduroy. I am using fabrics I already had for the linings.

My goal is to have most of the machine sewing done by the end of the weekend, so I can tackle trims and the hand sewing. Not to mention the accessories... and the hemming...

Okay, back to work...

No comments: