Monday, August 07, 2006

There is something about new clothes that always makes a girl happy...

In my case, it is my new court gown. I could care less about the fact that I really need to go shopping for clothes for the new semester. It's not like I can't afford to buy regular clothes. I just don't like to shop by myself, because I am clueless when it comes to what looks good on me.

Now, on the other hand, I can design renaissance gowns and ensembles without hesitation. If it were appropriate to go to work dripping in pearls, I would have no problems supplying them (and actually am always on the lookout for more pearls. I found this gorgeous pearl necklace at the Salvation Army Store in Ankeny last Tuesday night, good quality glass pearls, with knots carefully between them, very heavy - plastic pearls are very light).

Anyway, I am distracted by thoughts of my gown. I can't wait to get started on the rest of the dress (unfortunately, I have somewhere to go tomorrow night, or I would be cutting into the red tomorrow...).

No comments: